Adopt a Chef - Royal Academy
Our vision is that every child learns about food in a holistic sense and has the confidence to eat well, be healthy and happy. Our programme helps children to develop healthy eating habits and encourages an enthusiasm and interest in food, cooking, food provenance and sustainability, as well as giving an insight into the hospitality industry.
Benefits of the programme:
- To introduce children and young people to fresh food through an animated approach to tasting.
- Children develop the knowledge and skills to cook, choose and eat healthy, tasty, sustainable food.
- Children are encouraged to reconnect with food and learn about the wider impact of food on health and the environment which helps to develop healthier habits.
- To support primary school teachers to deliver the cooking & nutrition element of the primary curriculum.
- To offer an insight into the hospitality industry.